Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of CHEER
visible HEPD ID/Name badge
appropriate detailed standards
when a customer is...
20 feet away
10 feet away
make eye contact
Through Verbal Communication
friendly - positive
relaxed tone & pace - positive
friendly - professional - courteous
make it simple and pleasant
focus your attention
stop all non-relevant activites
listen with all senses
set your viewpoint aside
prepare for your shift
being present is your experience when you're completely focused on a moment
In the moment (3 things we can think about)
Exceeding Expectations & Being a Leader
create "magical moments"
create magical moments
make their day
exude a sense of humor
add your personal touch
H.E.P.D Mission says "...enhance the quality of life of our residents and guests"
we encourage you to have fun while
fulfilling the mission
Be a Great Host through
Everyone is a Host
Build and maintain positive relationships with internal
and external guests
Special Thanks To:
There are many different customer service philosophies.
is an acronym for
to the HEPD CHEER!
customer service training
– Be a piece of the rock.
– The first impression can seal the deal.
– It separates doers from dreamers.
– Without it you travel alone.
– If you build it, they will come.
– One person with courage is a majority.
– Put an end to unsolved mysteries.
– The sharper it is, the sharper you are.
– Your candle loses nothing when it lights another.
– You won’t leave home without it.
– To connect with their hearts, use your ears.
– Take this life and love it.
– If you believe you can, you can.
– You can’t let you problems be a problem.
– If you get along, they’ll go along.
– If you won’t carry the ball, you can’t lead the team.
– Competence never compensates for insecurity.
– The first person you lead is you.
– To get ahead, put others first.
– To keep leading, keep learning.
– You can seize only what you can see.
John C. Maxwell – The 21 Indispensable – QUALITIES OF A LEADER, Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow
21 indispensable qualities of a Leader
One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested.
I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.
marco in the process – big picture
business plans, with 2-5 quantifiable objectives with strategies for completion and timelines for time management
membership goals, incentive plans, revenue and expense expectations
task management and follow up with team members
micro in the process – checklists
is Hoffman Estates Park District's philosophy
fits into our districts philosophy
To offer healthy and enjoyable experiences for our residents and guests by providing first class parks, facilities, programs and services in an environmentally and fiscally responsible manner.
Through Non Verbal
smile - relaxed - focused
approachable - direct
warm - customer focal point
in a professional
Choose the CHEER! Attitudes...
You're a Leader!
The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is l0% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our own attitudes.
- Charles Swindall -
“You always have a choice about the attitude you bring to work”
- Quote Reference: Fish! A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results, Authors: S. Luden, H. Paul, and J. Christensen -
“There’s always a choice about the way you do your work, even if there’s not a choice about the work itself”
All HEPD team members for creating the CHEER culture!
Debbie Albig, Facility Manager, WRC
Katie Basile, Superintendent of Facilities, HEPD
Cathy Burnham, General Manager of Sales and Operations, PSS&WC
Gary Fong, Facility Manager, TC
Glenna Gineris, Fitness Manager, PSS&WC
Dru Steinhoff, Program and Aquatics Supervisor, Seascape & PSS&WC
Christine Tusa, Operations Supervisor, PSS&WC
YOU create the HEPD Mission and Culture.
You are the Link!
(FISH! A Proven Way to Boost Moral and Improve Results, ChartHouse Learning, S.Lundin, H.Paul, and J.Christensen)
(Membership Magnatism, Premium Performance Training, KWoodard-Chavez)
In challenging situations offer your customer LATTE:
L = Listen
A = Acknowledge
T = Transfer
T = Tell
E = Establish
make their day
Are you a leader?