Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LIS 6010: Introduce Yourself
Transcript of LIS 6010: Introduce Yourself
- Focused undergraduate studies on Critical Theory and Contemporary Folklore
- Researched & wrote a 30-page thesis regarding the establishment of unique online communities, titled "Developing Digital Culture: The White Stripes, Fans and Folk Life on the Little Room Message Board"
- Minor in Fine Art with an emphasis on drawing & painting
I designed my introduction with images that tell a story. This page is decorated with pictures and knickknacks that you'd be sure to find around my house. Hopefully it'll give you a fun glimpse into my life and where I come from!
I'm the Store Manager at Regeneration, a buy/sell/trade resale shop specializing in current & vintage clothing for men and women. People can bring clothing they no longer wear in for same-day cash or store credit. The fast pace always keeps me on my toes, & I love getting to be the first to see all the vintage pieces that come in!
I used to work in the gallery at Pewabic Pottery, a legendary Detroit production pottery founded in 1903. I loved being able to work at such a historic place ... and it's also where I met my boyfriend!
... and these are Pewabic too!
This is a handpainted Pewabic tile depicting a scene from "A Midsummer Night's Dream"...
When I'm not at work or at school, I enjoy listening to records, reading vintage magazines, collecting Catholic iconography, working on art projects, cooking, and running.
I also play drums in a few bands! I've been playing drums since I was 14.
- My hometown is Grosse Pointe Farms, but since high school I've moved a lot locally. I've lived in Midtown, Ferndale & Hamtramck, and live in Hazel Park now!
- Libraries are in my blood! My grandma was the school librarian at Our Lady of Good Counsel in Detroit through the 70s.
- Writing is my passion, and though I love all types of literature, I prefer to both read and write non-fiction
- Within the LIS program, I plan to focus on Archives & Digital Content Management
A few facts about me:
Hi, I'm Maria! I'm on the left... next to me is Neil, my boyfriend!
It's great to meet you & I can't wait to learn more about all of you as our class progresses... Thanks for looking!
education & career goals
Topic #7: Digital Preservation of Information
Topic #8: Impact of E-readers and Publishing on Libraries
Topic #10: Maker Spaces and Information Agencies
Regarding project topics, I have an open mind, but am also interested in the following topics... please get in touch if you share an interest!
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- I love writing and editing
- I am a hard worker and always give 100%!!
What I Bring a Team
- Passion for topic
- Positive attitude
- Gets work done on time!
- Well thought-out research
My Dream Team
I credit my experiences with art, music, literature & fashion with sparking my interest in the library profession, specifically areas related to archives. I also find joy in organizing and cataloging information! Though I am specifically interested in pursuing work as an archivist (digital or otherwise) upon graduation, I am eager to learn more about the different sides of and roles in librarianship as a whole in LIS 6010!
My Interests & Goals
Thanks again for checking out my Introduction! Here's to a great semester!
I have a number of dream jobs within the archival field; basically anything involving museums or anything art & literature related! As I continue on my graduate studies at Wayne, I look forward to learning more about possible career paths-- especially those involving digital content.