Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Embodied Interaction
- Human Being,
Being-in-the-world (being mortal, aware, in relationships with others...)
The everyday is primary, not the rational.
But the everyday is also cause for inauthenticity
present-at-hand / ready-to-hand
The Question Concerning Technology
What is the
purpose of HCI?
Winograd & Flores (1986)
Our bodies and our placement
in the world matter!
Design principles (Dourish, 2001)
Computation is a medium
Meaning arises on multiple levels
Users, not designers, create and communicate meaning
Users, not designers, manage coupling (incorporation of entities into activity)
Embodied technologies participate in the world they represent
Embodied interaction turns action into meaning
thrownness - we exist in a world that already (a priori) matters
Embodiment is a property of interaction, not of systems:
Social + tangible = embodied