Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Toyota Kata
Understand The Direction
What challenge are you striving for?
Grasp the Current Condition
What are the facts and data about where you are now?
IK Process Analysis
Establish The Next Target Condition
Describe where you want to be next on the way to the challenge.
Target Condition Form
Iterate Toward the target condition
Conduct rapid, frequent experiments to move from current condition to target condition
Coaching Cycles With the 5 Questions
Coach escorts the learner and gives procedural guidance.
Do These Daily
Where do you want to go?
Then iterate to get there.
1. What is the target condition?
2. What is the actual condition now?
3. What obstacles are now preventing you from reaching the target condition? Which one are you addressing now?
4. What is your next step?
5. When can we go and see what we have learned from taking that step?
"A vision is far away, and the path to it is long, unclear and unpredictable."
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese proverb
Define what you expect to do and to happen.
This is the hypothesis or prediction.
Test the hypothesis, i.e., try to run the process according to plan. Observe closely.
Compare actual outcome with expected outcome.
Standardize/stabilize what works, or begin the PDCA cycle again.
Obstacle Parking Lot