Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of OEDIPUS
Could Oedipus's parents have changed his fate?
Could Oedipus have altered his fate?
Would the story have ended in the same way if Oedipus's parents had never met the Oracle?
Is our future pre-determined before birth, or decided based on our behavior?
Is fate a punishment or part of a larger plan?
Oedipus: Take 2
As we reread the story, annotate your text with evidence to support the chosen discussion question
Answer the following question in your notebook.
Was Oedipus at fault for his self-destruction, or is someone else to blame?
Oedipus: A Tragic Hero?
Is Oedipus a tragic hero? Support your answer.
Consider the following:
Hamartia (tragic flaw)
Perpeteia: reversal of fortune, is brought about by the tragic flaw
Anagnorisis: hero makes a critical discovery
Nemesis: fate that cannot be reversed
Catharsis: tone (fear or pity) that the audience is left with after the hero's fall
Thursday, April 23rd