Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Trig Ratios
If sinϑ = 0.5, the opposite side is ___________ the size of the hypotenuse. Cos(45) is the ratio between the __________ and the ________ side from a _______ angle.
If cosϑ = 0.71, the adjecent side is ___________ the size of the hypotenuse. Tan(40) is the ratio between the __________ and the ________ side from a _____ angle.
If tanϑ = 2, the adjecent side is ___________ the size of the opposite side. Think about it... Can sin(ϑ) & cos(ϑ) be larger than 1??
Explain why or why not. What about tan(ϑ)? Degrees, Minutes and Sceonds Another way to measure angles! We can break Degrees into smaller units
called minutes (') and seconds ("). Written like:
24 30' o Said like:
"24 degrees and 30 minutes" As a decimal:
24.5 o Can use our Calculator
to convert! :D Convert to DMS:
53.56 o Convert to decimal:
10 12' 55" o Calculate:
sin(76 12' ) o Practice:
Ex 4.2, page 137
Q 1, 2, 3, 4 (1st col)