Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SOCIAL FOUNDATION OF CURRICULUM
Transcript of SOCIAL FOUNDATION OF CURRICULUM
- establish peace and harmony
- the division of work
- feeling of association
- togetherness and cooperation
-sources of very fast changes which are difficult to cope with and to adjust to.
-the curricula should reflect and preserve the culture of society and its aspirations
- imbibe the changes brought about by the formal institutions called SCHOOL.
- exists within the social context.
-the only institution that educate society
-shapes by societal culture and curricula
-formal institution that address more complex and interrelated societies and the world
- the balancing act between developing the potential of the individual and improving society.
- learn the basic knowledge
- family promotes positive social skills
1. Traditional/ illiterate Societies
- family, ceremonies,stories-strictly enforced, codes
of conduct or behavior
2. Modern/Technological Societies
- education starts at home, continues at school with
systematic knowledge, attitudes and values
3. Contemporary Societies
- mass media takes on a role in our processing of
knowledge and shaping our value and ideas