Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SOCIAL FOUNDATION OF CURRICULUM
Transcript of SOCIAL FOUNDATION OF CURRICULUM
- establish peace and harmony
- the division of work
- feeling of association
- togetherness and cooperation
-sources of very fast changes which are difficult to cope with and to adjust to.
-the curricula should reflect and preserve the culture of society and its aspirations
- imbibe the changes brought about by the formal institutions called SCHOOL.
- exists within the social context.
-the only institution that educate society
-shapes by societal culture and curricula
-formal institution that address more complex and interrelated societies and the world
- the balancing act between developing the potential of the individual and improving society.
- learn the basic knowledge
- family promotes positive social skills
1. Traditional/ illiterate Societies
- family, ceremonies,stories-strictly enforced, codes
of conduct or behavior
2. Modern/Technological Societies
- education starts at home, continues at school with
systematic knowledge, attitudes and values
3. Contemporary Societies
- mass media takes on a role in our processing of
knowledge and shaping our value and ideas