Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Personal Career Development Plan
Transcript of Personal Career Development Plan
Career Prep. Period
Career Transitional Services
MTS SAN DIEGO WEBSITE:
Nilsen General Contracting Inc.
7079 Mission Gorge Rd #D San Diego, CA 92120
From: 1325 IRIS AVE
TO: 7079 MISSION CENTER RD
1. walk E from 1325 IRIS AVE to Iris Av at 13th St
2. take the MTS BUS route 933 Seacoast via Palm Ave
3. Get off the stop at Iris Ave Trolley Station at approximately.
4. walk 0.1 mile W from Iris Ave Trolley Station to Iris Avenue Station
5. take the Blue Line America Plaza
6. Get off the stop at Fifth Avenue Station at approximately.
7. take the MTS BUS route 120 Kearny Mesa Limited Stops via Fashion Valley/Linda Vista
8. Get off the stop at Fashion Valley Transit Center at approximately.
9. take the MTS BUS route 928 Kearny Mesa via Serra Mesa/Stone crest
10. Get off the stop on Mission Center Rd at Sevan Ct at approximately.
11. walk 0.3 mile N to 7079 MISSION CENTER RD
- doing carpentry for my trade
- get my certificates for the trade i am in.
3 WORK VAULES:
i am good with kids
i have tons of patience
flexible on schedules
CAREER TECHNICAL TRAINING
CERTIFICATES OR COURSES:
Pennsylvania Skills Certificate
National Home Builders Association Certification
Master Shingle Applicator license.
4 STRATEGIES OF A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW:
Also, be sure to be in a place that is free from distractions—no radio, television, pets, children, noisy roommates,
sit at a desk or a table so you can have access to your materials
You can also try standing because your voice will project better.
As you progress through the interview, be sure to listen carefully to each question and answer each
Interpersonal skills can also be referred to as "people skills" as they are the skills that an individual uses when communicating and interacting with other people. These skills include verbal communication as well as behavior, cooperative and leadership tendencies.
STRATEGIES FOR AN INTERVIEW (BEFORE/AFTER).
search the company. study your questions. practice makes perfect.
proper posture. eye contact. and asking questions to be informed on things to keep you up to date with the program.
PURPOSE OF PERSONALITY/CAREER TESTING:
Personality assessments cover a lot of ground, but all aim to identify your strengths, weaknesses, temperament, and your style of leadership.
typing without looking
internet accessing and processing
Hands-on experiments and demonstrations
Physical exercise gets the kinesthetic learner’s brain
Build-it-yourself projects. Woodworking and carpentry
CARPENTRY JOBS IN SAN DIEGO:
San Diego Construction
Home appliance repairs
3 STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS:
Keeping your thoughts to yourself
Turner Construction Inc:
Turner is a leading construction company within the region and specializes in projects that serve the aviation, commercial, education, government, healthcare, hospitality, pharmaceutical, public, and multifamily residential construction markets.
CALIFORNIA LABOR MARKET
Construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures made of wood, such as concrete forms; building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studding, and rafters; wood stairways, window and door frames, and hardwood floors. May also install cabinets, siding, drywall and batt or roll insulation. Include brattice builders who build doors or brattices (ventilation walls or partitions) in underground passageways to control the proper circulation of air through the passageways and to the working places.
SAN DIEGO CAREER ONE STOP SERVICES:
Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
Vocational Education Teachers, Post secondary
First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SERVICES:
homes for veterans
20% (Faster than average)
Explain why you are sending a resume.
Don't send a resume without a cover letter.
Don't make the reader guess what you are asking for; be specific: Do you want a summer internship opportunity, or a permanent position at graduation; are you inquiring about future employment possibilities?
A professional reference is a reference from a person who can vouch for your qualifications for a job. A professional reference is typically a former employer, a colleague, a client, a vendor, a supervisor or someone else who can recommend you for employment
Advanced Training- carpentry courses