Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The Pros and Cons of Hosting The FIFA World Cup and its impa
Transcript of Copy of The Pros and Cons of Hosting The FIFA World Cup and its impa
* The improvement of national roads. airports.
* It benefits the construction companies, creating employment.
On June 2010 retail sales were up 7.4 points.
* South Africa became a member of the BRIC countries (Brazil,Russia,India,China).
* The media attention stimulated Tourism in SA.
* The new improved facilities and stadiums.
The Disadvantages of hosting the World Cup On its Economy
The 2010 world cup cost 5.9 $ billion and generated a positive economic impact of 5 $ billion for South Africa and the 2014 Brazil's world cup cost 11$ billion. The positive reports suggested that the event would add nearly 30$ billion to its income between 2010 and 2014
The benefits to South Africa for hosting the World cup
For South Africa's Economy:
The new and renovated football stadiums needs a large amount of spending for up keep and maintain.
Local vendors were banned from selling food and merchandise within a 1.5 km from the stadiums.
For Brazil's Economy:
Many facilities built for the events can not be fully used again.
The Money spent on hosting the world cup (Stadiums and Security) could be used for the country's economy.
Thursday June 26
The FIFA World Cup is a big event that happened every 4 years. It has a significant impact on the global economy generally and on the hosting country especially. There are many opinions and reports regarding the financial impact of hosting such an event on the country's economy , Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of it :
For Brazil: * It benefits the local manufacturers and industries.
* The Economic growth.
* Increase Tourism .
* Creating more job opportunities for the hosting country citizens.
* Raising the state's income.
* It is an opportunity to exploit its investments after the end of the event.
*** Not only the hosting country can benefit from the event, corporate sponsors like Adidas,KIA and Coca Cola can market their products in their own ads and get their brands seen by enormous audience or they can use famous players to promote their products (Product Endorsement) .
The Pros and Cons of Hosting The FIFA World Cup and its impact on its economy