Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Journey to the Top of Topic Mountain!
Transcript of Journey to the Top of Topic Mountain!
It is hard to underestimate the value of good starts. This not only applies to writing, but to most activities. Here are some great examples of bad starts:
Writing is a journey, and the first stop on the journey is topic selection!
Good starts are critical to
the success of an essay. In a
5 paragraph essay, the intial topic selection can make or break the rest of the essay. Everything will be based off
of a single, focused topic.
Paper Topics should be focused. Many writers will often pick topics that are too big.
To pick an appropriate topic, the author should consider the size and scope of the assignment. In ENG 147, the final essay should be 700-1050
Topics that are
Much could be said about
drugs, health, and
education, so the writer of
a short essay will need to
approach the project with
a more specific research
Revised topics might include the following:
What is the best way to prevent childhood obesity?
Should sex education be taught in schools?
Should the U.S. end the war on drugs?