Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Banksy
Banksy: Vandalism or art?
Anonymous Graffiti Artist, London
What is Freedom?
Opposition against Corporations
"People either love me or hate me, or they don't really care."
“Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody could draw whatever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases."
Who is Banksy?
Freedom from Government
“You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.”
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages”
Defiance to Authority
Opinions Against the Norm: Freedom of Expression
"It's a very frustrating feeling you get when the only people with good photos of your work are the police department."
"There's nothing more dangerous than a person who wants to make the world a better place."
1. What is your opinion on the way Banksy expresses his ideas?
2. Do you consider graffiti to be art?
3. Should political graffiti be protected by the freedom of expression?
"I need someone to protect me from all the measures they take in order to protect me."
"Defacing property should never be considered art."
"Banksy’s graffiti is part of the nation’s heritage and deserves protection by law."
"Everybody’s got a right to an opinion but what gives him any kind of credibility in New York? Shut up, Banksy! Go home!’’