Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Biohacking for Parallel Polis
Transcript of Biohacking for Parallel Polis
Use your freedom...to hack your biology... to improve your life experience
Fat: Good vs. bad
Two morning fat drinks
Get a blood test!
Meditation - and not the hippie stuff
Lowers blood pressure
Build your immune function
Control stress hormones
Using your freedom, becoming superhuman
- coffee (great quality)
- grass-fed butter (alternative: ghee, cocoa butter)
- MCT oil - ketones
- blend, it's not enough to mix with a spoon!
- optional add-on: cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea
- 1/4 tsp cardamon & vanilla
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Sunflower oil, rapeseed oil => throw it to the trash, never use it for anything. Cell membranes are made of fat!
- long lasting energy without spikes
- Coconut oil, butter / ghee, animal fat => good for everything, including cooking
- MCT oil (from coconut) => the fastest, long lasting energy
- Olive oil => great, but not for cooking
My approach: Carbs in the evening
Don't forget to eat!
Almost everyone is deficient in
Magnesium - hack: well-absorbed through skin (magnesium bath or spray:)
Vitamin D - hack: you can eat week's supply at once, body can store vitamin D
Melatonin, but you are probably using it wrong
Blue light spectrum switches between serotonin
and melatonin production
Jetlag hack: Three days before, take 0.5mg melatonin at target zone's sunset. NOT timed release melatonin. Avoid sunlight.
At target zone's sunrise, turn ON lights
f.lux for Mac OS X / Windows
Twilight for Android
Break bad habits
~ 6000 studies
Why does it work?
Food allergies vs. intolerance
“When it comes to track record, it’s hard to beat mother nature”
Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Your body is not a bank account (calories), it's a chemical lab!
Allergy: immunolglobulin E => histamine release, fast reaction (seconds to minutes)
Real intolerance: you don't have enzyme to digest (gluten, lactose, casein)
Sensitivity: immunoglobulin G - slower than IgE (hours to days), chronical problems with immunity
Food reactions: insulin spike & crash
All types often cause inflammation
Debugging & fixing
Dairy (casein, lactose)
3 weeks off, 1 week test
The "no-added-sugar" myth
Don't juice fruit (at least blend it), orange
juice is a fruit bomb (and if you want vitamins and phytonutrient, you would get more from a handful of berries)
Water, mineral water, tea, coffee
(needed for absorption of vitamins and minerals, energy)
(vitamins, minerals, ...)
Almost everyone benefits from fish oil / krill oil / cod liver oil (omega3)
Healthy fats (butter/ghee, olive oil, coconut oil, animal fat)
Fish oil (krill oil, cod liver oil)
Chlorella / Spirulina
If you drink alcohol, with every glass:
one vitamin C pill
glass of water
active charcoal, chlorella or spirulina
Beware of fluoride and chlorine, heavy metals. Gravity filters are best (I use Propur, which filters glyphosate too)
Also: SleepCycle Alarm Clock (iOS), Sleep as Android