Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Literary Element
What is the purpose of a Gothic Element?
The point of gothic literature is to fill the human need to be afraid, but in such a way that the person is in no immediate physical danger, such as receiving a vicarious thrill from reading a book rather than walking into a reportedly haunted house. Gothic elements are used in novels to create a feeling of dread and mystery, highlighting the sensational.
To Kill A Mockingbird
In the story, Gilgamesh, the giant he set off to kill, Humbaba, was feared by everyone. Anyone who came near him, he killed.
At the beginning of the book, Scout and Jem heard rumors about Boo Radley. They were told that he was a malicious man who ate children when they were sleeping..
What is a Gothic Element?
Gothic elements work together to create a setting showing a fallen world, one where traditional elements, such as a castle that would evoke thoughts of power and success, are used to demonstrate the opposite and appear in a form of decay or ruin.