Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Drawing Bootcamp
1. Draw the image.
2. Complete the left side
3. Shade the inside.
Draw the contour line of your bag.
Draw the contour lines of your shoe.
If you had a super power what would it be?
- Lines that surround and define the edges of a subject, giving it shape and volume.
Elements of Art
The building blocks used by artists to create, describe, and explain art.
- A mark that has length and direction.
May be vertical, horizontal or
diagonal, curved, straight, zigzag,
or show emotion.
Area enclosed when both sides of a line meet.
Shapes can be geometric or organic.
- the surface quality or "feel" of an object, its smoothness, roughness, softness, etc.
Textures may be actual or
- the lightness and darkness of a color
- Produced by light of various wavelengths, and when light strikes an object and reflects back to the eyes.
(1) hue or tint, the color name
(2) intensity, the purity and strength of a color
(3) value, the lightness or darkness of a color
- refers to the distance or area between, around, above, below, or within things.
2-D or 3-D
flat, shallow, or deep
open or closed
positive or negative
actual, ambiguous, or illusory
- three-dimensional (height, width, and depth) and encloses volume
Alexander Calder- Chicago
Statue of Liberty- NYC
- Using lines to create rhythmic patterns which transform to creative artwork
Using your left and right brain
Are you right or left brained?
Goals- thickness of lines, proportions, accuracy, looking at shoe
- same on both sides
- the area between objects or the parts of an object
Create a drawing using
Blind Contour- artist draws the edges of the object without looking at the paper.
1. Do not look at paper.
2. Do not pick up pencil.
3. Slow and careful.
Drawing utilizes all the Elements of Art:
Vase or Faces?
same on both side
Number your paper 1-7
Answer A or B for each.
Hands- 5 minutes
Why would I make you do a blind contour drawing?
Give a one sentence reaction.
Modified Blind Contour
Contour line of hand
How pencils are made
Add, fingernails, knuckles, wrist, lines
Look 90% of the time at the object
Lines organized to create patterns, textures, and images
increase your focus,
help you relax,
inspire your creativity,
build your confidence,
change your outlook.
Pick 5 zentangles to practice in your sketchbook (10 min.)
9 hr Zentangle
Do you see the VASE or FACE first?
Elements of art
Say the color
Draw the contour line.
The lightness and darkness of a color
- drawing is unbroken from start to finish
Date Full page- 15 minutes