Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Estimation with Compatible Numbers
Transcript of Estimation with Compatible Numbers
When we say, "Compatible"
You say, "Numbers!"
LET'S PRACTICE! During the lesson...
Raise your hand to share.
Listen to others when they are speaking.
Stay on task. Compatible numbers are "Friendly" numbers! Essential Question:
How can compatible numbers be used to solve operations? Compatible Numbers
are numbers that make it easier to estimate an answer. Compatible Numbers Are:
Rounded, "friendly" numbers that make it easier to estimate an answer!
For example: Numbers that end in "0" or "5" Examples of compatible numbers!
43--> 40 98+28--> 100+ 30= 130
57--> 60 337+ 57--> 340+ 60= 400 Blaine has 12 socks. Her brother says that he has about 9 times as many as her. How many socks does he have?
12--> 10 9--> 10
10 X 10= 100 #1:
A page has 11 words in one line and 28 lines on the page.
About how many words on the whole page? 11 is close to 10
28 is close to 30
10 x 30 = 300, so the page has about 300 words. In groups: Raise the card that has the compatible number to: 28 62 97 1. Use Charts to Identify and write the original numbers in the problems.
2. then identify and write on chart what compatible numbers they could be rounded to.
3. Solve the problem using compatible numbers.