Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BTEC 1 Functional Skills English
Transcript of BTEC 1 Functional Skills English
Functional Skills English
Tuesday 8th October 2013
Use of commas
1. Use of comma's to seperate the items in a list.
Does the media coverage of women's sport help or hinder its development?
By the end of the session all
1. Identify how to punctuate in a
sentence using commas and full stops.
3. Demonstrate how to punctuate in a sentence and write compound sentences completing
your work for Unit 6 Task 1.
2. Describe how to write compound sentences
using connectives and conjunctions.
e.g. During my visit to the gym I ran on the treadmill, lifted some free weights, carried out some stretches and went for a swim.
Write a sentence using commas correctly and listing the four main features of your SD initiative.
Use of commas
2. Comma's mark out the least important
part of the sentence.
The 3rd official at the match
warned the Manager about his bad language.
Insert the commas in the following sentence-:
The 100m athlete who was entering his first competitive race was very fast out of the blocks but struggled in the 2nd half of the race and ended up finishing last.
The 100m athlete
who was entering his first competitive race
was very fast out of the blocks but struggled in the 2nd half of the race and ended up finishing last.
Use of Joining words (conjunctions and connectives)
Can you give any examples of joining words?
And Or But Nor So For Yet
Before Even If
Even Though If