Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
When I was Your Age
Transcript of When I was Your Age
Intergenerational Veteran Communication Why Veteran Comm?
Purpose of Research
Formative Research RQ1: Do veterans of different war eras participate in intergenerational or intergroup communication with other veterans?
RQ2: Would an increase in intergenerational communication be a beneficial counseling tool for veterans?
Generation Separation Social Identity Theory (Tajfel & Turner, 1979)
Stereotyping VFW Missing out on benefits
of IGC Mutual accomodation
Mentoring (Harwood, 2007) Findings Intergroup Contact Theory (Allport, 1954; Pettigrew, 1998) Equal status
Authority Support Learn about outgroup
Ingroup reappraisal Future Research What helps? What hinders? Training for