Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LINE: Messenger app (presentation)
Transcript of LINE: Messenger app (presentation)
- created by Naver
- deepen real life relationships
- text, voice calls, emoticons, stickers
time line Revenue and business model Freemium business model
- free application
- certain things are pay to access
- follow your favorite celebrity or enterprise
- get messages/updates
- celebrities/enterprises pay to create the account LINE games - an example of using partnership to expand services
- games that are connected to your LINE
- has in-app purchases
- had 1 million downloads in day
- brought 1 million USD revenue in 12 days LINE Stickers - most profitable
- some stickers are free
- other sets cost 1-2USD Competition - LINE is not the only text messaging application
Whatsapp and Kakao Talk are similar applications
fighting over the same market in text-messaging Whatsapp Subscription Revenue Model
- costs $0.99/year
- text, voice call
- Big in USA and HK How does LINE fair? - The app itself is free
- it does what Whatsapp does and more
- LINE operates on PCs and "dumb-phones"
- LINE sells a "cute" factor which may not sell in the west (USA)
- STRONG network effect - month of July 2012, generated 3.75 million USD
- charge companies (Coca Cola and Nissin Food) to get sponsored for LINE stickers
- sell the "cute" factor Kakao Talk Created by the same company as LINE (Naver)
- similar application
- major difference is the marketing to Korea instead of Japan
Lee Hiu Pan
Wong Cho Ting Truvian Platform Strategy and Partnership - Platform=portal
- Various services are provided to attract users
- LINE cooperates with other partner corporations to develop new LINE apps.
- e.g. LINE Talk Novel, LINE Fortune Telling, LINE Coupon, LINE Sounds Shop, LINE game apps