Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Why You Should Read Books
Transcript of Why You Should Read Books
April 4th, 2013 READING: WHY YOU SHOULD DO IT - reading is enjoyable and very beneficial to you mental health Reason #1: Reading improves your creativity and gives you something to talk about
- the possibilities of sharing are endless! WHY SHOULD YOU READ? Reason #3: Reading IMPROVES your vocabulary You really should read. Reason #4: Reading is an active mental process
- Your brain absolutely LOVES when you read.
in fact, when you read your brain...
1. transforms words into images
2. uses the mind to wonder
3. memorizes details and clues
4. recognizes words and processes them faster, causing you to read quicker
- By reading, your brain is getting a good workout Just Pick Up A Book Books are essential for your mental health because they improve your vocabulary, give spark to your conversations, reduces your stress levels, works out your brain and much more!
Think about this: many animals make their own tools, dolphins recognize themselves in mirrors, elephants mourn their dead, but what other animal can read and share stories? In Conclusion... www.psychologytoday.com/blog/creating-in-flow/201109/9-things-happen-when-you-read THE SOURCES - CREDIBILITY STATEMENT: I love reading books and I feel that everyone should get into the habit of reading books for pleasure - THESIS: Reading is a fundamental habit that is beneficial to mental growth and emotional stability. Reason #2: Reading reduces stress
- books help you unwind
- get lost in a different story for a while - Shocking your friends, or teachers, with different words will get you cool points (: - You'll find yourself exposed to many new words. - Who doesn't want a broader vocabulary? Reading actually enhances your intelligence, and keeps you sharp as you age Literacy and Reading Fun Facts (The Literacy Company):
46% of American citizens cannot understand the label on their prescription medicine www.persistenceunlimited.com/2007/12/the-26-major-advantages-to-reading-more-books-and-why-3-in-4-people-are-being-shut-out-of-success/ www.readfaster.com/education_stats.asp#readingstatistics "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles William Eliot INTRODUCTION http://mentalfloss.com/article/27590/who-reads-books