Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Collapse of the Soviet Union
Transcript of Collapse of the Soviet Union
- The set of resources, like roads and factories (and money) that a country needs to support economic activity.
Instead of making everyone equally wealthy, it made everyone equally poor.
Turn and Talk - What was one flaw with starting communism in the Soviet Union?
WWII ended, Europe was in crisis.
US and Soviet Union emerged as the worlds two main super powers and helped out struggling countries to gain allies.
NATO vs Warsaw Pact
Soviets wanted Communist Allies and US wanted free market economies to trade to.
- A political system in which the government owns all property and dominates economic control.
Part 1: Economic Flaws
16 6 3 4 5 5 2 4 2 3
- An international military agreement between communist countries of Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization - An International Military agreement between many eastern European and north american countries.
Nuclear Arms Race
by the 1950's Soviet Union
had the nuclear bomb, so started a race to who could make more.
The US/Nato had a much stronger economies and the Soviets pulled together as much as possible
Why didn't a communist government work with the Soviet Union?
Communism was implemented in hope to spread equality across the Soviet Union, it instead made everyone equally poor.
NATO and the Warsaw Pact represented the divide between capitalism and Communism during the cold war
The Soviet Union had International and Domestic failures that resulted in a struggling economy and poor infrastructure.
- US President during the
collapse of the Soviet Union. "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall!"
- Last leader of the
Who was Ivan the Terrible and how did he impact the expansion of Russia.
Why would a person want to live under a communist government?
Why did the Russian people overthrow the Tsars (Czars) to create a Communist government?