Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Sydney Opera House
Transcript of The Sydney Opera House
Did You Know?
It took 16 years to build
Mathematics of the Sydney Opera House
The mathematics is found in this building from parabolas, squares, rectangles, triangles and trapezoids.
The Graphed Parabola
The design was chosen from a competition
The roof was produced by cutting a three sided segment from a sphere
It was first opened to Queen Elizabeth
The equations are x^2 = -4ay, l*w, l*w, 1/2b*h and 1/2(a+b)h respectively
Squares and Triangles
Rectangles and Trapezoids
Trapezoids-- 1/2 (a+b)h
Formula of the parabola including figures