Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ACC 808 Presentation
Transcript of ACC 808 Presentation
- Reducing emissions, recycling, etc.
* Human initiatives
- Human rights activities, gender equality, etc.
* 'Triple Bottom Line' Sustainability Reporting THANK YOU! What is Sustainability? Who has a Stake? Accountant's Role? * Customers
- Support responsible companies
- Consider sustainability risks
- Reflection of you * Develop sustainable practices
* Manage these practices
- Accounting, reporting, etc.
* Demand is there- now we must respond! Stakeholders want to know... Is sustainability reporting the answer? Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S) * Prince of Wales in 2004
GOAL: Sustainability becomes DNA Government's Role Achievements * EPA requirements
* SEC concerned with financial impact
* SEC and Conflict area reporting International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) Annual A4S Event Sustainability Case Studies UN Conference (Rio +20) * Integrated reporting consensus
* Published International Integrated Reporting
* Launched feedback program * 200 Representatives
* Guest speakers (i.e. The Prince of Wales)
* Roundtable discussion * Move towards sustainable economy
* A4S spoke on the importance of:
- Global sustainable development goals
- Performance metrics
- Increased integrated corporate reporting * Collaborated with academics
- Good practices and common pitfalls
- Sustainability's impact
- Data collection and performance measurements Content of Sustainability Reports * Strategy and Profile
* Management Approach
* Performance Indicators 1. Year in Review
2. Welcome Letter from Board
3. Detailed Aspects
- Water, climate change, etc.
4. Key Data and Sustainability Performance
** Ranked 25th by Newsweek ** 1. Strategy and Analysis
2. Organizational Profile
3. Governance, Commitments, and Engagement
4. Environmental and Product Responsibility
5. Human Rights and Society
** Ranked 87th by Newsweek ** Auditor's Role * Not mandatory
* Investor concern
* Europe is leader
* Big 4 leading market Sustainability Rankings * Dow Jones Sustainability Index
* Newsweek's Green Rankings
* STOXX Sustainability Indices
* NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability Dow Jones Sustainability Index Newsweek's Green Rankings * Corporate Sustainability Assessment
- Triple bottom line scoring
- 80-120 questions * Environmental Score:
Note: Rank Top 500 (more than DJSI The Future... * 'Quadruple Bottom Line'
* Education is the future... Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) History Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) GRI Vision GRI G3 GRI G4 * Founded 1997 by Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies
* 1998 Steering Committee
* First version launched 2000
* 2001 CERES and GRI separated
* 2002 second generation guidelines G2 “A sustainable global economy where organizations manage their economic, environmental, social and governance performance and impacts responsibly and report transparently.” ** BALANCE TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE ** * Guidelines since 2006
* Two parts
1. How to Report?
2. What to Report?
* Increased reports produced * Fourth generation guidelines
- Currently being developed
* Open to public comments
- 14 August to 12 November * Independent non-profit organization
* System to measure, disclose, and manage
* Global Advisor: PwC CDP Reports * Cities 2012
* Investor CDP Global 500
* CDP SC Report
* CDP Water Disclosure Brittany Diamantoni
Ray Liu The SEC said it "was not expressing
an opinion on whether the
world’s climate was changing." Agenda * Sustainability Reports
* Auditor's Role
* Government's Role
* Reporting Initiatives
- Accounting for Sustainability Project
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Carbon Disclosure Project
* Future Outlook