Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Social Commerce
https://github.com/johnj/ on the timeline value the opinions of other people
value the opinions of our friends even more we value other experiences
previous brand experience "hey JJ - this is the best wetsuit I've owned and I think you'll love it"
is more direct than
"this wetsuit got a great review"
direct recommendations are more influential as people as consumers direct/indirect recommendations what is social commerce? friends (traditional) and
positive signals for
products (iPhone, Hyperdunk+)
brands (Apple, Nike)
enabled by the new facebook Open Graph API the social graph social product attributes
enabled by your catalog and backed by eBay's comprehensive product catalog product graph improved click-to-sale for merchants ~.13% increase in CTS for products w/social commerce information greater user engagement increase in average time on page social marketing presence on the facebook timeline social commerce an open API for developers commerce platform agnostic easy-to-integrate send product UPC/GTIN/SKU
get back social data in JSON magento extension available one-click install, custom template friendly magento + facebook
1. setup facebook application
2. setup magento
3. setup an X.commerce developer account
4. configure social commerce extension let's get down to it 1. https://developers.facebook.com/apps
2. Create your application
3. Create your object ("product")
4. Create actions ("want" & "own")
- App ID
- App Namespace
- App Secret facebook setup 1. Grab the magento social commerce extension:
2. Install the extension
3. Logout of magento - otherwise you will get a 404 on the configuration page (to reset the permissions) magento setup X.commerce setup X.commerce setup 1. go to the Social Commerce configuration
(System -> Configuration -> X.commerce
2. Click on "Generate an Authorization file"
3. Download and select authorization file
4. Remember that Facebook app info?
Now's the time to fill it out X.commerce setup 5. Authorize the extension by clicking on "Authorize Extension"
6. Enable on the frontend -> "Yes"
7. Setup actions (want & own)
8. Save Config merchant site merchant name store logo product link (to merchant site) action object >=PHP-5.2
ext/xcom (install instructions ahead) what you'll need ext/xcom is a PHP5 extension in PECL (github, too)
makes working with X.commerce /really/ simple
supports asynchronous HTTP requests (pthreads) what is ext/xcom 1. grab the source:
git clone git://github.com/johnj/php5-xcom.git
2. Ubuntu/Debian environments:
Run the mkdeb-apache2.sh script
dpkg -i the package
c) make install installing ext/xcom one last thing, facebook moderates
don't forget to get them approved
before going to production!
otherwise this will only work for your own developers products an ecosystem of commerce API's
used in social commerce to handle message delivery
(authz/authn) of storing & fetching social data X.commerce UX makes shopping decisions easier
especially around accessories and smaller
purchases for shoppers john jawed (everyone says JJ)
working at X.commerce (eBay) on projects that range from Linux kernel modules to magento & php extensions, embraced open source in '03 w/the FreeBSD project
I stand on the shoulders of giants and I try to appreciate them by paying forward (not back)
most of my work is on github (johnj) about me “We aren’t human beings, we are social beings” - [my] Grandpa
people interact with people
people we trust more become “friends”
advice of friends is more valuable to us
we all have questions – friends and communities help us find the best answers
most people don't want to be the beta test
someone else should have had prior experience (especially a friend) in e-commerce, best-selling products have the most favorable reviews, most # of reviews
low volume of reviews puts merchants at an inherit disadvantage quantity matters indirect recommendations – a commodity, ubiquitous and necessary
well established flows around consumer reviews, rating systems, popularity
almost everyone has some variant of a indirect recommendation systems
facebook “Like” widget indirect recommendations direct recommendations – powerful but untapped, unexplored
a recommendation from a trusted friend to buy a Nikon D90 is more valuable than a consumer review on a random site direct recommendations