Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MAX MSP Physical Modeling
Transcript of MAX MSP Physical Modeling
& Brendan Gaffney
Can be used with..
What Is Physical Modeling?
Manipulating noises produced by various algorithms to replicate a physical musical instrument.
Ins and Outs of Karplus-Strong String Synthesis:
How does this work?
"When you don't succeed try try again..."
Physically modeled plucked- guitar
Used to simulate plucked strings
Looping wave through delay filter
"Subtractive Synthesis" or "Wave-table Modification."
Step 1: Noise burst
generated and put into the circuit
Step 2: Sound-wave is split in half via a delay-line (which is a filter whose characteristics dictate the harmonic structure of the tone). Delay is represented by Z^-1
Step 3: Original sound-wave added together with delayed sound-wave
Step 4: Filtered sound mixed back into output and once again the cycle continues...
Plethora of other instruments