Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MAX MSP Physical Modeling
Transcript of MAX MSP Physical Modeling
& Brendan Gaffney
Can be used with..
What Is Physical Modeling?
Manipulating noises produced by various algorithms to replicate a physical musical instrument.
Ins and Outs of Karplus-Strong String Synthesis:
How does this work?
"When you don't succeed try try again..."
Physically modeled plucked- guitar
Used to simulate plucked strings
Looping wave through delay filter
"Subtractive Synthesis" or "Wave-table Modification."
Step 1: Noise burst
generated and put into the circuit
Step 2: Sound-wave is split in half via a delay-line (which is a filter whose characteristics dictate the harmonic structure of the tone). Delay is represented by Z^-1
Step 3: Original sound-wave added together with delayed sound-wave
Step 4: Filtered sound mixed back into output and once again the cycle continues...
Plethora of other instruments