Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
HISTORY COCO CHANEL
Transcript of HISTORY COCO CHANEL
MODERN RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN
WOMAN & FASHION
Changed the way woman thought of her body and life style.
Used simple and comfortable fabric
Simplified the woman’s clothes by removing all unnecessary elements and designed to free the movement.(boxy lines, shorted skirts, removed the corset and freed the woman for the practical activities made necessary by the war.)
Coco Chanel died in 1971, left behind her
classic elegance that will never grow old
In 1984: Karl Lagerfeld took over as an
art director of Chanel
He took the classic styles created by
Coco Chanel and created new ways to
wear them that meet the needs of the
BRAND IDENTITY AND CORE VALUES
Interlacing of masculine and feminine
Little black dress
Chain with leather
Love and belonging, self esteem
Creating desire for things that
no one really needs and
charge premium price for them.
Product + emotional experience
which is hard to be delivered
by competitors products
The Truth Behind The Iconic Fragrance
Coco Chanel’s debut marketing strategy for the scent involved inviting a group of elite friends to dine with her at a restaurant on the France Riviera, where she surprised them by spraying them with the perfume.
In a 1954 interview, when asked what she wore to bed, Marilyn Monroe famously said:”Just a few drops of Chanel No.5”----cementing the fragrance’s place in history.
Focuses on internet advertisements
High cost of brand protection
Lack of control over distribution decisions
Poor time management
Drop in performance
Initially no competitors
World wide expansion
Diversified product range
Arising of new market segment
Fast changes of consumers tests
Increase in the local competition
Lack of protection of property rights
Local competitors in expanded market
Section 1 Backgrouds of Chanel
Section 2 Representative Chanel
Section 3 SWOT analysis
Assess the business model of luxuries
French Designer: Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel (1883-1971)
Revolutionized woman’s fashion with her elegance and casual look.
According to the filing, Sales rose 26% in 2011, the best growth rate among its 5 peers for that year.
Chanel probably represent around 55 percent of its revenue.
1. CHANEL, (2014). CHANEL - Fashion Shows & Accessories, Fragrance & Beauty, Fine Jewellery & Watches.. [online] Available at: http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/ [Accessed 11 May. 2014].
2. Fashionbi.com, (2014). Chanel Financial Report. [online] Available at: http://fashionbi.com/brands/chanel [Accessed 11 May. 2014].
3. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-23/chanel-s-wertheimer-family-seen-with-19-billion-fortune.html [Accessed 11 May. 2014].
4. Horton, Ros; Simmons, Sally (2007). Women Who Changed the World. Quercus. p. 103. ISBN 978-1-84724-026-2. [Accessed 8 May. 2014].
5. "Madamoiselle Chanel: The Perennially Fashionable". Chanel. [Accessed 8 May. 2014].
6. Slideshare.net, (2014). CHANEL brand analyses presentation. [online] Available at: http://www.slideshare.net/082011341/lee-brand-analyses-presentation. [Accessed 8 May. 2014].
7.YouTube, (2014). CHANEL N°5 - For the first time - Inside CHANEL. [online] Available at: [Accessed 11 May. 2014].
History of Chanel
Flagship product of Chanel: NO.5 Perfume
Chanel's SWOT analysis