Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Step by Wicked Step
Transcript of Step by Wicked Step
who he calls 'dad'. Rising action One day, Colin's mother decides to leave his
dad and move away secretly. Colin realizes at last that his dad is not coming
because his mother keeps their whereabouts a
secret. He writes a letter to his dad but receives
no reply. Climax Falling action Colin feels that his mother does not aware of him.
One day, his mother throws away the boots in which
he keeps his dad's tobacco tin. Colin continues to miss
his dad even after 5 years. Plot - A lone child living with a single parent, he tends
to be gloomy and morose.
- Reserved and sensitive.
- Loyal towards his mother and loves her in his own way.
- He is determined to find his 'Dad' and he has a well-thought-out plan to do that. Colin's mother - She works hard but tends to complain about fatigue.
- Being caught up with her own problems, she has no spare energy to really understand Colin and what he wants. Colin's stepfather (Jack) - He got together with Colin's mum when Colin was eight months old.
- He is genial and pleasant.
- According to Colin's mother, he has another side to his character which Colin has not seen.
- He has not bothered to get a proper job. Language and style Imagery The author uses very vivid descriptions to create
pictures in the reader's mind. Repetition Repetition is used to show emphasis. Simple sentences and local idioms There is a smattering of informal language and local
idioms to give the story an authentic local flavor. Colin's story explores a family relationship that is special in a complicated way. The quest for happiness Colin's story is also one boy's quest for happiness and stability in his life. He is saving up and waiting till he is old enough to find his dad who is symbolised as the bluebird of happiness Adult responsibility Colin's story explores the theme of responsibility or the lack of it, on the part of adults towards their children when they themselves are embroiled in problematic relationships. Colin still loves his stepfather even after 5 years. He always dreamed of talking to his dad. People must act in a responsible manner Colin's mother is so caught up with her own problems that they do not even notice that Colin is suffering. One must make well-thought-out decisions Colin is thinking of running away when the time is right to look for his dad. The Bluebird of Happiness