Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Motive for Metaphor
Transcript of Motive for Metaphor
- English as the mother tongue vs. English as literature
- Literature's place in society
Levels of Mind
Science and Arts
Chapter 1 of The Educated Imagination by Northrop Frye
Glendy, Sisi, Lisa, Jacky
Sept 24, 2013
Progresses and evolves
Research -> Data collection -> Interpreting data
-> coming to a conclusion
Imagination -> Reality
Own ideas and views -> express in understandable ways
Does not progress
imagination = boundless
Literature has the ability to bring our
- a language of nouns and adjectives
- language of self-expression
The wall is
language of practical sense
of verbs and words of action
building and constructing of things
desire to bring a social human form into existence
language of literature
constructing models of human experiences
The grass is
The sky is
- a figure of speech
- used to connect our imagination to the world
"the class of literature comprising works of imaginative narration"