Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Causes and Effects of the Protestant Reformation
Transcript of The Causes and Effects of the Protestant Reformation
- Roman Catholic Church becomes more worldly
- Humanists urge a return to simple religion
- Strong national monarchs emerge Immediate Causes
- Johann Tezel sells indulgences in Wittenburg
- Martin Luther posts 95 Theses
- Luther translates the Bible into German
- Printing press allows the spread of reform ideas
- Calvin and other reformers preach against Roman Catholic traditions Causes of the Protestant Reformation Immediate Effects
- Peasants' Revolt
- Founding of Lutheran, Calvanist, Anglican, Presbyterian, and other Protestant churches
- Weakening of the Holy Roman Empire
- Luther calls for Jews to be expelled from Christian lands Effects of the Protestant Reformation Long-Term Effects
- Religious wars in Europe
- Catholic Reformation
- Strengthening of the Inquisition
- Jewish migration to Eastern Europe
- Increased antisemitism -About one fourth of Christians are Protestant
- Religious conflicts in Ireland Effects of the Protestant Reformation