Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Adolescent Development in The Breakfast Club
Transcript of Adolescent Development in The Breakfast Club
Brian, the brain
-Identity vs. Role Confusion
-Detention serves as a
-Before getting into trouble he seemed to have been in a state of
-no crisis, commitment nonetheless
-a "good kid"
Research - Substance Use
-Study found that 53% of teens that struggle with substance use do so to enhance a positive situation
-Brian would fall into this category (if he suffered from SUD)
-More susceptible to Tx
-5 kids in Saturday detention together
-“You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7:00 this morning. We were brainwashed”
-Awkward stage of puberty
-Struggles to live up to parents' expectations
-Still has to find "self"