Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mining for metals
Transcript of Mining for metals
To know how we get metals from under the ground
Metals are used daily by most people, so are useful.
Mining metals gives miners work to do, so money is brought into the economy- leading to better quality of life.
Gold and silver are found NATIVE. This means that they do not have to be MADE through chemical processes. from chemical COMPOUNDS
Read about and find out why ice floats
Mining causes damage to the environment.
It causes noise.
It scares the landscape.
It destroys habitats.
Deep mine shafts can be dangerous even after the mine has been abandoned.
But melted into bars
Questions 1 and 2 p.307