Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5.06 Lab Activity: Acid and Base indicators
Transcript of 5.06 Lab Activity: Acid and Base indicators
Acid and Base indicators
Hypothesize whether you think each of the following substances will be an acid, a base, or neutral:
-Bleach will be a base
-Detergent will be a base
-Eye drops will be neutral
-Lemon juice will be acidic
-Tea will be acidic
Initial color of solution
Final color of solution
1.Lemon Juice 1-3
Eye Drops 7
3. Determining the pH of substances such as purple grape juice and catsup using test strips can be difficult because they are both dark bold colors.
4. Tear free shampoos have the same pH as eye drops, which is a neutral 7.
5. Hydronium ion is higher than Hydroxide. The concentration of a cup of tea is about 1x10^-4-1x10^-6. The hydroxide concentration of a cup of tea is about 1x10^-10-1x10^-8
6. Hydroxide is higher then hydronium. Hydronium ion concentration in bleach is 1x10^-13-1x10^-14. The hydroxide ion concentration is 1x10^-1-1x10^-0.