Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Baha'i Religion
Transcript of The Baha'i Religion
1) The religion originated from another religion called The Bab Religion.
2) The Bab Religion followers are called Babis.
3) The Baha'i Religion was originated from Iran by a young Iranian who called himself The Bab.
4) The Bab said that a messenger will arrive from God soon.
5) The religion was first rejected by the Iran government.
6) Bahullah also known as the prophet of Baha'i was executed because his teachings were against the Muslim Religion.
The Baha'i's Logo
Baha'i Temple in Chicago, USA
Baha'i Temple in New Delhi, India
Baha'i Temple in Sydney, Austrailia
A few things you need to know about Baha'i !
1) There's only one God.
2) All prophets are messengers sent by God.
3) The Baha'i Religion's prophet is called Abdu'l Baha.
4) Abdu'l Baha was then renamed as Bahullah after his death.
Abdu'l Baha (Son of Bahullah)
1) The Bahá'ís use a calendar established by the Báb.
2) The year is divided into 19 months of 19 days each, with the addition of 4 intercalary days (5 in leap years).
The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.
Baha'i's Main Belief:
The unity of humankind.
Location of Baha'i Temple
around the world.
Baha'i Temples around the world
1) Bahá'í around the world pray daily.
2) Bahá'í prayers include both recited prayers and spontaneous, personal prayers.
3) Rules for praying:
- Ablutions must be performed before obligatory prayer.
- Prayers must be said in a clean place
- The person praying must face the direction of the shrine of Bahá'u'lláh.
4) Purpose of prayer:
Prayer is more than making requests to God; it's more like a conversation with God in contrast to meditation.
I bear witness, O my God, that Thou has created me to know Thee and to worship Thee.
I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth.
There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.
Bahá'í's Short Prayer:
Prayer need not be in words, but rather in thought and attitude... words without love mean nothing.
Nineteen Day Feast
1) Held once every 19 days.
2) The Feast is the local community's regular worship gathering.
3) An event that promotes and sustains the unity of the local Bahá'í community.
4) The 3 elements of the feast:
- Spiritual devotion
- Administrative consultation
- Social fellowship
5) Music is often a component of its program, and such music often reflects the geographic and cultural setting.
1) The Bab and Baha’u'llah was anti-slavery
2) Baha’u'llah was tolerant of homosexuality because He told Baha’is to have a “sin-covering eye”.
3) ‘Abdu’l-Baha was infallible.
4) Baha’i Holy Law does not mention abortion, and thus it is up to the House to rule upon it.
5) The Central Figures and Shoghi Effendi preached against racism, and proclaimed that all races are equal in every respect.
1) What does 'Baha'i' mean?
Baha'i means a follower of Baha'u'llah, of or pertaining to Baha'u'llah's revelation.
2) Baha'is have a holy book?
The Most Holy Book of the Baha'i Faith is the Kitab-i-Aqdas, the book of laws written by Baha'u'llah.
3) Baha'u'llah teach about God?
God is the ultimate Reality, Creator of the universe, Whose nature is unknowable and inaccessible to humankind.
4) Headquarters of the Baha'i Faith?
The Baha'i World Center is located in the Haifa/Akka area in northern Israel.
Made n Design by:
Jonathan Kang Jia Jun
Pictures provided by:
Jonathan Kang Jia Jun
Information provided by:
Aaron Lim Tow Wei
Special thnx 2:
The Baha'i Faith
The Baha'i Faith