Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Water Cycle
Transcript of The Water Cycle
water cycle stages
-the process in which water changes from a liquid to a gas or vapor-
-heat energy has to happen for evaporation to happen
-"the energy breaks the adherence that attach the water molecules"
-that's why water evaporates at a boiling point but slower at a freezing point
- plants roots are in the soil and draw up nutrients and water to the leaves and stem
- "an acre of corn can give off 3,000- 4,000 gallons of water a day"
-evaporation of water from plants
this picture shows a plant transpiring and it evaporating.
-the process in which water vapor in the air is changed into liquid water.
-"condensation is responsible for the formation of clouds
-the phase change that accompanies water as it moves between gas, liquid, and solid form happens because of differences in the arrangement of water molecules"
- "water molecules in gas form are arranged more randomly then in liquid water"
-as condensation happens, water molecules become organized into a less random arrangement
- heat is released into the atmosphere as a result
-changing from the solid phase directly into a gas phase, with no liquid stage in between
- dry ice shows sublimation when it is exposed to room temperature air
- the process in which water is released from clouds in the form of rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow, or hail
-tiny water droplets have to condense on even tinier salt, dust, or smoke particles, which act like a nucleus
-"if there is enough collisions to make a droplet with a high fall velocity which exceeds the cloud updraft speed"
- the water droplet will then fall out of the cloud as precipitation
-an accumulation of water
water cycle facts
-the energy from the sun keeps the water cycle going
-the water cycle is also called the hydrologic cycle
-it takes about ten days for water to go through the entire cycle