Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Social Networks and Algorithms
Transcript of Social Networks and Algorithms
Why Facebook thinks I'm boring.
The algorithm that decides what you are interested in
Networks are made up of nodes and edges.
90 pieces of content per month
80 pages, groups and events
25 Comments per month
9 'Likes' per month
1 comment per month
0 Likes (pages, posts, comments, photos)
0 photo uploads
2 tags per month
The relationship between you and your 'friends'
How you are 'connected'
Who they are to you
Small world network
In regards to Facebook the middle best represents how we are connected
Affinity - How 'connected' a particular user is to an Edge
Weight - Every action a user takes creates an edge, and a potential story.
Time Decay - As a story gets older, it loses points because it's 'old news.'