Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Anorexia nervosa
It is an eating disorder. People with anorexia think that they are fat, or desperately fear becoming fat even if they are very skinny. To try to lose weight, anorexics do not eat enough. When they eat, they do not eat the amount of food their body needs, in an effort to avoid gaining weight. This causes them to lose too much weight too quickly. This is very harmful to a person's body.
Signs of anorexia
1. People with anorexia do not want to keep a high body weight .
2. People with anorexia think that they are fat. They are afraid of gaining weight.
3. People with anorexia have low self-esteem because of the shape or weight of their body. Also, they do not think that low body weight is a problem.
4. Women with anorexia have not had three periods in a row (one period is sometimes called a menstrual cycle). They also must make sure the woman is not pregnant and has not had their periods stop permanently due to their age, which is called menopause.
Symptoms of anorexia
·Rapid, unexplained weight loss
·Refusal to maintain a healthy weight
·Low self-esteem and distorted self-image
·Frequent weighing, "body-checking", or negative comments on appearance
·The loss of menstrual periods
·Low body temperature
·Low pulse, blood sugar and blood pressure
Dangers of anorexia
·Heart attack or heart failure
·Muscle and organ damage