Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Women and the war effort
Transcript of Women and the war effort
the war effort 1863-Women laboring in
fields and doing men's
work while the men are at war. 3,000 women nurses and 3,000,000 men in both of the armies-Women have never been able to become a nurse till the Civil War when all the men went to war Clara Barton,
Angel of the Battlefield
heoic nurse and one of the only women in the Civil War to stand at the front line with the cannons also asked to go to Lincoln Hospital Harriet Tubman is one of the Norths spies.
Harriet Tubman was a famed conductor
on the underground railroad confederates- Sally Tompkin starts a private hospital in Richmond, Virginia. She helped confederate soldiers and union prisoners The war bought women like Clara Barton to the battlefields to save as many people as possible