Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Fertilized to DEATH
Transcript of Fertilized to DEATH
Major source of seafood industry
Seasonal (Spring) to late fall
First recorded in 1970s
Two to three years
Flood in 1993 cause double Prevention Volunteer
Modification of Farm Practices
Wetlands- Natural filters
Clean Water Act
Monitor Sewage Treatment Facilities Alum Treatment Uses aluminum sulfate to reduce the amount of phosphorus (fertilizer) in the water
It becomes fluffy when in contact with the water and binds the phosphorus which makes it impossible to become food for the algae
Al2(SO4)3 • 14H2O + 2PO43- -> 2AlPO4 + 3SO42- + 14H2O Dead Zones DEATH