Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sign Language
History of ASL
American Sign Language, or ASL was started in the 1800's by Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet.
There is now a university called
Gallaudet, in Washington DC for
deaf and hard of hearing students.
Any other words you want to see?!
Anyone want to try and sign their name??
Anyone want to try and sign their age??
There are many forms of sign language but ASL is commonly used in North America and parts of Africa.
British Sign Language
Some Examples of Other Types
Sign Supported English (used for hearing to communicate with deaf)
Most countries have their own type of sign language, with different origins
Origin Examples:French, Chinese, Japanese,
Manners and Greetings
I hope you enjoyed learning just a small amount of ASL!