Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Printers
A device that accepts text and graphic output from a computer and then transfers the information to paper. They are generally sold separately from the computer and they range in prices. There are many types of printers.
What is a Printer?
These printers are known as impact printers due to the striking action when in operation. The print head is made up of a series of pins. The dots are created by pins striking a ribbon and leaving an image of a character on the page.
Dot matrix/Impact printer
Generally used in offices, businesses and school networks. They produce very high quality printouts. They print around 20 pages per minute and they are quiet. They contain their own memory. Their ink is powder based and is supplied in a toner kit.
These are the most common printers in households. They are easy to use and cost around £100. They consist of of a print head that contains many nozzles. Jets of int are sprayed from each nozzle.