Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mindset
Mindsets in different areas of our lives:
A deeper look at the idea of mindsets:
What's a mindset?
What's a fixed mindset?
What's a growth mindset?
Fixed mindset ≠ low self-esteem
Fixed mindset ≠ pessimism
In a fixed mindset, people believe their basic qualities, like intelligence, ability or talent, are fixed traits, and therefore can't be developed or cultivated very much.
In a growth mindset, people believe that their basic qualities, like intelligence, ability or talent, are not fixed traits, but can be developed through dedication and hard work.
by Carol Dweck
What we believe about our own intelligence, abilities and talents.
Affects the way we respond to challenges, obstacles, effort, criticism, & the success of others.
Familiar examples seen through the lens of growth/fixed mindset
Activity: Sort the statements!
shifting from a Fixed Mindset to a Growth Mindset
in volunteer management
born or made?
If time: conversation cards
1. Think of a recent challenge.
2. Identify if there's a fixed-mindset "voice".
3. Talk back to it with a growth-mindset voice.
4. Take a growth-mindset action.
"Why waste time proving over and over how great you are, when you could be getting better?"