Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Inverting the Linear Algebra Classroom copy
Transcript of Inverting the Linear Algebra Classroom copy
Inverting the Linear Algebra Classroom
Student learning takes place
in two distinct phases
Assimilation >> Transmission
from a cognitive standpoint
The traditional classroom model has a possibly fatal flaw
Inverted classroom model
transmission OUTSIDE the class
assimilation INSIDE the class
Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computing
Franklin College, Franklin, IN
Student learning in linear algebra might improve if the environments for transmission and assimilation were reversed
THE PEDAGOGY IS NOTHING NEW
Full screencasts available at talk website
Students must grapple with most difficult concepts and cognitive tasks when instructor availability is at its lowest
Inverted classroom structure
Inverted classroom tools