Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Criminal law case
Transcript of Criminal law case
$10 dare caused manslaughter
Aaron and his friends were out on the street
when and where
Date of the offence: July 7th 2008
Date of sentence: June 30 2009
Where: Forest Hill, in Melbourne's east
Descrption of the law
Definition of criminal law:
a system of law concerned with the punishment of offenders.
Definition of manslaughter:
the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or in circumstances not amounting to murder.
Aaron Toal: 2-year community-based order involving 500 hours of community work.
His friend: 12-month youth attendance order
Reason for sanction
Rehabilitation and reform
Yuxiong Han was walking home
They targeted Han and punched him
Han ran on to the road
A car hit him
Han died in hospital
1. Toal refused to apologise.
2. Victims of Crime Association president Noel McNamara said the sentence was inadequate.