Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transitions Prezi - MJ
Transcript of Transitions Prezi - MJ
Cartoons Transitions in Cartoons Contrast Transition
Words Transitions are words or phrases that connect your ideas.
Transitions act like bridges between what has been read and what is about to be read.
Transitions are the glue that hold your ideas together. Common Transition Words Addition Transition Words How Do I Know If I Need To Fix My Transitions? If your writing can be described as:
Hard to Follow Why are transitions
important? Transitions create logical connections for the reader to follow.
They keep the reader from getting lost and confused (especially with counter-arguments)!
Transitions make your writing smooth and help your reader follow your logic. 1. Although
5. In contrast 1. Additionally
3. As well as
5. Furthermore 6. In addition
9. Not only
10. Similarly 6. Instead
7. On the other hand
9. Yet Concession
Transition Words 1. Admittedly
5. Granted 6. Naturally
8. Of course
10. Understandably Cause & Effect
Transition Words 1. As a result
6. Therefore Transition Words for Examples 1. For example
2. For instance
3. In particular
5. Such as Conclusions
Transition Words 1. Finally
3. In brief
4. In conclusion
5. In summary Time & Order
Transition Words 1. After
2. At once
6. First...next...then 7. If...then
8. In the meantime
9. Meanwhile Time & Order
Continued... 1. Often
4. Soon after
5. Still 6. Temporarily