Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ALZHEIMER
1. What is Alzheimer?
6. Social impact
WHAT IS ALZHEIMER?
A form of dementia which affects the memory, behavior and thinking.
Degenerative illness, affects the neurons.
Slow apparition of symptoms.
800.000 people have already been diagnosed this illness in our country.
1. Changes in the memory which difficult the daily life activities.
2. Difficulty for planning and solving problems.
3. Time and place disorientation.
4. Problems with talking and writing.
5. Lack of judgement and initiative in social activities.
6. Changes in personality and emotions.
4,5 new cases each year
By 2050, more than 115 million people will suffer from this disease each year.
Not only Alzheimer's patients suffer
Thanks for listening
We hope you enjoyed our presentation
WHAT IS THE FINAL CONSEQUENCE THAT ALZHEIMER PROVOKES?
WHICH ARE THE TWO MAIN ELEMENTS RECOGNISED IN ALL THE CASES OF ALZHEIMER?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HEALTHY BRAIN AND ONE WITH ALZHEIMER?
IN WHAT CENTURY ALZHEIMER WAS FIRST DIAGNOSED?
CAN YOU NAME AT LEAST ONE SYMPTOM FOR KNOWING IF YOU HAVE ALZHEIMER?
Dr. Alois Alzheimer
Not an specific discovered cause
NEXT WORLD'S EPIDEMY!!!
Let's see what you have learnt today!
Stages at which the illness affects your brain:
Andrea de Miguel
Lia Bei Prieto
You forget how to breathe, and you finally Die
Amyloid Plaques and Neurofibrillary tangles
The volume: a brain with Alzheimer is smaller than a healthy one.
In 1906- 20th century
Changes in the memory which difficult the daily life activities.
Difficulty for planning and solving problems.
Time and place disorientation.
Problems with talking and writing.
Lack of judgement and initiative in social activities.
Changes in personality and emotions.
During the different stages of the dissease, patients are someted to different types of treatments.
Nowadays scientists are sill searching for the final vaccine for Alzheimer and there is not an specific and developed one yet.