Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What were the causes and consequences of the Spanish-America
Transcript of What were the causes and consequences of the Spanish-America
What were the causes and consequences of the Spanish-American War?
Caused by military aggression of the US.
Explosion of USS Maine furthered Americans anger
Americans angry over the treatment of Cubans by Spain.
McKinley pressured into declaring war on Spain.
Yellow journalism aggravated Americans
Acquisition of Pacific and Latin American territories
Liberation of Cuba
US paid Spain $20 million for this land
What were some other consequences from this war?
*Cue dramatic music*
The acquisitions of Guam and Puerto Rico flowed from the nature of the war BUT...
The Philippines was an unexpected gain
The ceding of the nation to the US by Spain in the Treaty of Paris was unexpected,
Can you think of any more unexpected gains?