Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of RL.5/RI.5
2. Explain which structural elements have an impact on the meaning and style of the text
3. Explain how the elements of structure of a text has an influence on the way the overall text is written
4. Compare and Contrast the structures of multiple texts
5. Describe the purpose of the author’s choice of structure in each text
6. Compare and contrast the structure of two or more texts and analyze how the differing structure of each text contributes to its meaning and style. What do I know? Vocabulary:
Other: What do I NEED to learn? Vocabulary:
compare-how two things are alike
contrast-how two things are different
style-the way a writer uses language
text structure-words, lines, sentences, format
overall structure-format overall text, includes structural elements like setting, plot, theme, etc.
Other: RI.5 Using particular sentences in a specific paragraph, the student will analyze the development and refining of a key concept. Reading Informational Text:
Analyze Structure New Vocabulary refine
Review: analyze, developing New Steps 1. Explain the development of an identified paragraph by explaining the central idea, supporting details, cause and effect, examples, and/ or description.
2. Explain the author’s purpose for the identified paragraph
3. Identify the relationship among certain sentences (topic sentences, support sentences, and elaboration) within the paragraph
4. Draw conclusions about how the relationship among the sentences adds to the growth of an idea within the paragraph
5. Use evidence from the informational text to support analysis of paragraph patterns and structure
6. Analyze in detail the structure of a specific paragraph in a text, including the role of particular sentences in developing and refining a key concept