Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Surface Area of Pyramids
Transcript of Surface Area of Pyramids
of a pyramid
help you identify
a shape as one? The Anatomy of a Pyramid In order to find the surface area, think about what shapes make up the pyramid's net and their area formulas... What shapes do you see?
How many of each?
What are their area formulas? Brainstorm Let's see how the names of the parts of the pyramid also label the parts of the net. Lateral Edge Base Edge Lateral
Face Slant Height Vertices ...same thing as the
perimeter of the base The Great Pyramid at Giza, Egypt was built about 2580 B.C. as the final resting place for Pharaoh Khufu. At the time it was built, its height was about 481 ft. Each edge of the square base was about 756 ft. long. What was the lateral area of the Great Pyramid? Let's find the surface area... How 'bout a few more...
Find the lateral and surface areas of each pyramid... The Areas of a Pyramid This is it...
Surface Area Formula ...sometimes you might need the Pythagorean Theorem to find the length of the slant height. Which part of the formula represents the
area of the lateral faces or lateral area?