Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
IVAN CAPP - The Eight Parts of Speech
Transcript of IVAN CAPP - The Eight Parts of Speech
The Eight Parts
By Mrs. Johnson
An interjection is an emotional outburst.
Shows action or a state of being.
Show physical or mental action
Modify (describe) nouns and answer the following questions:
1. Which one?
2. How many?
3. What kind?
is, are, was, were, am, be, been
A person, place, thing, or idea.
Connects words, phrases, or clauses in a sentence.
take the place of a noun or another pronoun in a sentence
I, you, he, she, it
we, they, my, your,
his, her, our, their
shows the relationship between words in a sentence
around, behind, next to,
on, with, under
3. To what degree or extent?
4. In what manner? (How?)
by the river
This has been a Mrs. Johnson production.
These are used in complex or compound-complex sentences.
modifies (describes) verbs,
adjectives, or other adverbs