Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
IVAN CAPP - The Eight Parts of Speech
Transcript of IVAN CAPP - The Eight Parts of Speech
The Eight Parts
By Mrs. Johnson
An interjection is an emotional outburst.
Shows action or a state of being.
Show physical or mental action
Modify (describe) nouns and answer the following questions:
1. Which one?
2. How many?
3. What kind?
is, are, was, were, am, be, been
A person, place, thing, or idea.
Connects words, phrases, or clauses in a sentence.
take the place of a noun or another pronoun in a sentence
I, you, he, she, it
we, they, my, your,
his, her, our, their
shows the relationship between words in a sentence
around, behind, next to,
on, with, under
3. To what degree or extent?
4. In what manner? (How?)
by the river
This has been a Mrs. Johnson production.
These are used in complex or compound-complex sentences.
modifies (describes) verbs,
adjectives, or other adverbs