Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Nouns are for building!
Transcript of Nouns are for building!
The longest list
Regular and irregular nouns
Cat is regular, when there are more than one cat, we add -s.
Cat - cats
Foot is irregular, when there are more than one we change the word!
Foot - feet
mouse - mice
child - children
knife - knives
A noun is a person, place, or thing!
Two types of common nouns!
Find the plural!
Use your English dictionary to find the plural of these words!
Singular and plural
Most nouns have a singular AND a plural form:
Cat - cats OR foot - feet
1. If it has
in front of it, it is a noun.
- A car
- An apple
- The bottle.
2. If it is a person it is a noun.
- Guro visited Thomas.
3. If it is a place it is a noun!
- Eidsdal is long.
4. If it is a thing, you guessed it, it is a noun.
- The door.
- A door.
- The trail-bike.
- A trail-bike.
Names: Abraham Lincoln
Positions: The President of the United States of America
Places: London, Trafalgar Square
Books/papers: The New York Times
Anything you can count:
car - cars - millions of cars
book - books
orangutan - orangutans
Nouns you can not count:
But some do not!
You have 1 minute to write down all the
nouns you can come up with.
The longest list wins.