Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Subculture: Ballerinas
Professional dancers take classes/rehearse 20-40hrs per week and then perform in nightly productions.
A Brief History
Began in the Renessance with the creation of French culture.
Racial minorities rare
Directors, Managers, and Choreographers dictate over the ballerinas.
Was entertainment in the courts; style has evolved into a more structured form.
Now, Ballet more appealing and affordable to general public..
Authentic; created by the people.
Costs makes it exclusive to upper-middle class
Ballet training begins at age 3-6
Etiquette and poise
Required to maintain ideal body image and compete for attention/roles daily
Girls who don't meet standard don't get roles.
Eating dissorders & Malnutrition
Europe is healthier
Majority = wealthy white girls
Jargon = French terminology exclusive to ballerinas
Little time for social interaction outside of ballet community
Instructors and students are not friends. Minimal emotional attachments
Tell students how to life their life and how to act/dress/eat/etc.